For 2018 the Foundation Board highlighted our grant-funded services and programs for a projected total of $84,000 for 2018. Our grants this year are:
- Del Oro Caregiver Resource Center to fund much needed respite for 40 caregivers providing 24/7 care for a family member with cognitive impairment;
- a support and education group for Alzheimer’s/Dementia Caregivers in Lincoln Hills; the Salt Mine to provide emergency food boxes and food give aways to 278 seniors a year
- Seniors First to prepare and deliver 3325 meals a year to 70 Lincoln residents who are unable to cook, shop regularly or have sufficient money for food;
- Bosom Buddies to assure education, support and special activities for survivors and patients with breast cancer;
- Vincent DePaul to help pay emergency health costs for uninsured or underinsured seniors;
- the Bereavement Support Group for those dealing with loss of a loved one;
- Friends of the Lincoln Library to purchase large print and audio books;
- Lincoln Hills Neighborhood Watch to support the work of volunteers to assure neighborhood security and cohesiveness;
- CPR/First Aid classes presented by a certified trainer at a discounted rate;
- Multiple-Sclerosis Support group to enable members to rent space for their important monthly support meetings and attract speakers.
The Lincoln Hills Foundation Board is passionate in its commitment to our mission to enhance the quality of life for seniors in Lincoln. We are deeply grateful to our generous donors who make possible the work of these wonderful organizations.
As we look ahead, the Foundation is pleased to be working in partnership with community organizations and leaders in Lincoln to open a Senior Center later this year.